Monday, April 26, 2010

In Plain Sight

I'm sitting here staring at a spreadsheet that just tripled in size out of nowhere and realizing that the exact answer is directly in front of my face - I just can't see it.  It's not that the data doesn't exist, it's that I have no idea how best to process it.

That seems to be a problem unique to the age of the Internet.  In days past, there just wasn't a whole lot of data to process.  Those who are the first to harness the power of this data will be a lot happier than those that don't.  Take MTG for example.  The fact of the matter is, with Magic Online, we have access to a ton of data.  If WotC ever decides to let more of it out, then we will have a flood of information on our hands.  Whomever handles that data the best will win more tournaments.

I wonder what other areas of life have data that's not being processed?

No comments:

Post a Comment